Here is the studio as it looks right now:
As you can see I had a blank slate to work with, which allows for countless ideas! Working with a small space means you need to make the most out of every inch of the room and the layout needs to be functional. With function and budget in mind, here is the inspiration for her soon to be glamorous studio:
3. IKEA Malm Dresser- Use a chest of drawers as a console table for a tv, art or photos. The chest of drawers can hold clothing or whatever else you want tucked away.
7. White Canvas Trunk (The look for less) - A trunk serves as a great coffee table that can also be used for storage.
8. IKEA Bookcase- A bookcase can serve as a place to store items and also work as a room divider to separate a bed from the living area.
11. WM Purple Tufted Round Ottoman- Keep a small foot stool or ottoman in a corner to pull up if you have extra guests.
12. IKEA Kivik Sofa Bed- A solid print sofa in cream, khaki or dark brown will be the neutral staple of the room and can be re-designed around for years to come. Bring in pops of color and prints through pillows and accessories. This sofa folds out to a bed, which is great if you have visitors.
The furniture plan:
If you are interested in my e-design services, please fill out the contact form.