It is scary how much I love this recipe from Cuisine at Home. It has become my "go to" comfort food. You will love.
Makes 4 Cups
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Combine for the Slurry Mixture:
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 T. oyster sauce
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 2 t. brown sugar
- 2 t. cornstarch
- 1/2 t. anchovy paste (optional)
Season; Stir-fry in 2 - 4 T. Vegetable Oil:
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 3 - 4" strips
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, blanched
- 1 cup red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 T. garlic, minced
- Slurry Mixture
Stir in; Garnish with:
- 1 cup whole or sliced basil leaves
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced with seeds (or not if you can't take the heat!)
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
Combine all ingredients for the slurry and set aside.
Season chicken with salt and pepper, then stir-fry in 2 T. oil in a saute pan over high heat for 3 - 4 minutes.
Flip chicken, cook 3 - 4 more minutes, adding more oil if needed. Remove and set aside. Heat 1 T. oil in the same pan over high heat. Add beans, bell pepper, and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add cooked chicken and accumulated juices and stir-fry 2 minutes.
Stir in the slurry mixture and cook 2 minutes to thicken and incorporate flavors.
Remove from heat.
Stir in basil and jalapeno. Garnish with peanuts. Serve with coconut rice.
Makes 3 cups
Total Time: 30 minutes
Bring to a boil; stir in:
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 t. sugar
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1 cup basmati or jasmine rice
- 2 t. fresh lime juice
- 1 T. unsalted butter